We had another fun afternoon playing with lots of kids: James and Cora, Eli and Addy, Manu and Leo, and Gwenyth (the daughter of my good friend from high school, Karen, whom I haven't seen in a dozen years).
 |
| The 3 girls were playing princess kitties, and they were very put out that the boys would not stay out of their "castle". As I tried to take a photo of the "kitties", the boys totally photo-bombed them and made Cora even more angry. |
 |
| The princesses eventually found wands |
 |
| Me and Karen. I'm recruiting her for our spring 2014 girls marathon weekend (hopefully!) |
 |
| Jay took the whole bunch of kids (other than Leo) on a walk around the lake while the rest of us adults relocated the cars to the other (bigger) playground. |
 |
| Cora told me they used the park map to find their way to the other playground, like a treasure hunt. Coach Jay definitely knows how to entertain a gaggle of kiddos! |
 |
| Freaking mama out just a little bit with her daredevil antics, but she never fell (and I obviously was not so freaked out that I couldn't pause for a photo!) |
 |
| Cora, Addy, Eli, and Manu did the zipline a bunch of times (with Jay's assistance). |
 |
| Addy and Cora helped wrangle Leo back to our picnic blanket. |
 |
| And Jay had him giggling long enough I thought for sure he'd get hiccups! |
I've really loved getting to catch up with some of my high school buddies and of course see Sophie as much as possible (next stop, Ashland, where she and Jay and I are running the Hill Climb this weekend). The kids were all so very good today, and that was a major bonus! Thanks for coming down to play ladies!
And many thanks to mom for watching the kids tonight so that Dad and Jay and I could go to a movie with David and Taryn - I highly recommend Guardians of the Galaxy!
2 comments:
Where is the spring marathon? I will do it! Just have to find the time to train:) great to see you
The Big Sur International Marathon is April 26th. Just sayin...:)It sells out quickly every year, though, so we would have to be on top of it. What say you, Mrs. Lindsay? Would you fly out to CA to run in Carmel?
Post a Comment