Sunday, August 3, 2014

SUNDAY BBQ

My parents graciously hosted a BBQ today so that I could invite local friends to come over and hang out, as well as get our family together for some good food and visiting. We lucked out with awesome weather (for August in the valley) and the kids (all 18 of them!) got along great.
Great Grandma has no problem getting down on the rug to help James and Cora do puzzles!

Addy, Cora, Manu, and Leo
Eli leading the biker gang (Livi and Sam in the background)
Addy makes a run for it (with Zach, Sam, and James in the background)
Zach and Eva
Teegan
Livi, Eli, Darby, and Sam
My grandma turned 82 yesterday, so I made 4 dozen cupcakes and we lit some candles so the lot of us could sing her Happy Birthday!
Alex, Leo, and Sophie
Taryn and David, Dad, and Mykal
Posing with Michelle and Karyn. I am so grateful for friends who are willing to take the time to drive up and over from the Bay Area and southern California to hang out and catch up! (Karyn did a 7 mile trail run with Jay and I this morning too)
The gang being just a little silly... I'm definitely monopolizing Sophie's time on this trip and I don't feel the least bit guilty about that!
A quick attempt at a picture of Great Grandpa and Great Grandpa with four of their great-grandkids. We'll see them again, but just in case the kids are in horrible moods, we figured a group photo was necessary, despite their filth!

No comments: