After a 2+ hour impromptu couch nap this afternoon (too much partying with the Kennedy kids last night?... in bed too late last night and awake too early this morning, for sure), Cora woke up pleased as punch and didn't want to leave my side. Since I was (finally) putting away (many) baskets of clean clothes, she entertained herself by playing dress-up in my closet and kept me company (which I appreciated - she makes a pretty fun little side kick!) I was simultaneously clearing out unused items for donation and organizing shelves (long overdue), and when I came across this shiny tank top that I've had for almost 10 years and have never worn (because it's partially see through and I have no idea how to wear such an item - I think I originally planned to wear it UNDER a business jacket, but I haven't needed to wear a business jacket in approximately 7 years...), I told Cora she could have it for dress-up. She clutched it to her heart and told me it was SO beautiful and SO fancy and thank you SO MUCH mama! After I tied the straps back for her (so it wouldn't fall off), she promptly took off her pants, telling me that "they just don't go with this". As if that wasn't enough, I then turned around to find her pulling my highest heels off the shelf (which I also haven't worn in 7 or more years) and striking a pose. As amused as I was, I was also seeing my future flash scarily before my eyes... When I finished putting away clothes and organizing, it was my turn to get dressed up (she picked a blue dress for me), then we did hair and makeup (luckily, I was saved the agony of eyeliner and mascara myself, since I had to excuse myself to go cook dinner after I got her all dolled-up with sparkles and lipstick, just like we do for dance recitals). With my wedding tiara as her final touch, Cora told me she was "all ready". Ready for what, exactly, I don't know... and I was afraid to ask.
If she wasn't just 5 little years old, she'd totally pull this off. Maybe when she's 25 she'll be allowed to leave the house this fancy - if she can get past her daddy! The girl is far more glamorous at this age than I'll ever be, that's for sure...
No comments:
Post a Comment