We've been slacking a bit lately on introducing new foods to Cora (she's been eating lots of banana, broccoli, and avocado), so tonight we gave her two new tastes: butternut squash and oatmeal toast. We sliced the squash into thick "fries" and steamed them in the Beaba, then cooled them in the fridge. She really liked them, and they held together just long enough to get to her mouth before she mashed them to bits (we might need to steam them for slightly less time next time we cook them).
The toast was lots of fun for her. We served it up plain. One little stick. No crust. She chewed happily on it for a few minutes before shoving the last chunk in and sucking on it. I watched her do it and knew it was too big a "bite", but it was too late. She gagged, then gagged some more. When she seemed unable to work it out on her own, I picked her up and leaned her forward a little, and the goop slid right out. Yuck.

The toast was lots of fun for her. We served it up plain. One little stick. No crust. She chewed happily on it for a few minutes before shoving the last chunk in and sucking on it. I watched her do it and knew it was too big a "bite", but it was too late. She gagged, then gagged some more. When she seemed unable to work it out on her own, I picked her up and leaned her forward a little, and the goop slid right out. Yuck.

2 comments:
Look at that hair!!! It looks like it might be your color or is that just the pic?? She will have hair for bows in no time!
Hard to tell. It looks darker in pictures than it does in person. My guess is that her hair will be likes James'. Darker for the first year, then blonde the 2nd year. Eventually they'll be brunettes. Jay and I were blonde babes, but brunette by the time we hit kindergarden. I'm more curious to see what color her eyes turn out to be. They're more blue still at this age than James' were, but they aren't blue...
Post a Comment