Ethinic Supper Club hit the islands tonight. We pulled a recipe from Jay's new Maui cookbook (from Robyn & Steohen of course!), Beef Stew with a Pacific-Asian Twist, which included such strange ingredients as peanut butter and raisins. It was GOOD! We also made Hawaiian Chicken from a tried-and-true recipe I pulled from one of the Mama Blogs I follow (altered to use red pepper instead of green). Other items on the menu included tostones and tropical fruit salad by Sara and Philip, and lomi lomi salmon by Sandy. We were also lucky enough to enjoy desert (banana pineapple upside down cake) and Hawaiian coffee from Sandy. YUM!

(Sorry the picture is so blown-out. And James is scowling. No idea why. And you can't really see the food. Oh well, maybe we'll get some better photos next month, when we visit Italy...)
3 comments:
That was some good left over stew! Thanks for sharing.
That sounds really good.. especially the dessert!! Why the change of green to red pepper? Other than the look... I find no difference in taste.
Because we had a red pepper in the house, but not a green one :)
Post a Comment