Wednesday, January 26, 2011

SO BIG

Cora has lately perfected the art of pushing herself into a sitting position (from a bent completely forwards position, not from laying on her back or anything, though she IS trying hard). And she has lately become more than a little interested in the cats. They make her so happy! If only the feeling was mutual...
And as I got ready to change her into her jammies tonight, it dawned on me how big she is getting. I mean, just look at this:
Her entire body used to fit within the borders of one of our couch cushions with plenty of room to spare... This is honestly the first time I'm feeling emotional about her growing up. With James, it seemed that every tiny little milestone turned me into a pile of mush, but with Cora I've simply been excited. I know exactly how wonderful each progressive week and month is during a baby's first year, and I've been happily celebrating Cora's journey. The smiling, the laughing, the sleeping, the squealing, the reaching out for mama, the sitting, the eating, the dancing... It's ALL fun. But why does she have to get so BIG while doing it all?

No comments: