Sunday, January 23, 2011

MAG-NEATO/NOT-SO-NEATO

James finally owns some magnets that actually work on his magnet wall (thanks Grandma!), so I finally have a photo to demonstrate that Jay's hard work in creating it was indeed worthwhile.
And something not-so neat, for my record book, is that James is battling croup yet AGAIN this weekend (the cough started at daycare on Friday, and while there hasn't been any fever, we knew Saturday morning that we had to take him to the doc). This is the 4TH time he's had it! The doc this time (an on-call doc we haven't seen before) questioned James' environment, and we discovered that all the fires we've been having this winter might be playing a part in all the colds and whatnot he's had. I had a smoke allergy as a kid (and honestly, I've been congested since November, when we first started having fires), so it's entirely possible that the particulates in the smoke have been agitating James (and myself). So, no more fires for a few weeks to see if that clears us up. This newest round of antibiotics (his 2nd round in the past week) made me wonder though, just HOW many rounds of antibiotics has our boy been on in his life? Well, since I keep such detailed records on the blog, all I had to do was search "antibiotic". And you know what I found? TEN posts about sicknesses where antibiotics were prescribed. So this makes round number 11. Can someone PLEASE tell me when this kid is gonna get a break?...

No comments: