We know, EVERYONE makes a New Year's Resolution to get in shape and lose weight. We've done it multiple times in the past, and succeeded once (the year we did P90X, completing the program right before I got pregnant with James). And while this isn't our only resolution this year, it may be the one that requires the most effort, especially initially. So to reinforce our commitment to the goal of getting in shape and losing weight, we started (resumed...) running and joined the gym. But knowing that wouldn't be enough motivation on the days that we're tired and full of excuses, we've also signed ourselves up for a couple of races. And this is just the start. My plan is to run a race at least once every 2 months, if not every month, so that when I'm feeling lazy I can tell myself "Self, if you do not go run now, you will be hurting on race day and embarrass yourself when those race results show up in newspapers. So get moving!"
To start, we are participating for the first time ever in the Run Through History. The date of the race will mark 5 years that we have lived in Vicksburg, and we have never even attended this race in support of our friends who run it every year. That is changing. I will be running the 10K and Jay will be walking the 5K (while pushing 90 lbs worth of double jogging stroller and kiddos up and down the many hills). And afterward, James will be doing the 1-mile fun run (with Jay at his side to encourage, hold hands, and carry him part way if need be). On the same day that he turns 3-years-old. It's bound to be an exciting day for us all!
Then, the following month, Jay and I will be running the Warrior Dash. The course in Jackson is 3.4 miles of mud running combined with 12 obstacle courses along the way. We know it will be intense, but we're betting it's going to be a blast. We keep comparing it to a Survivor challenge. And since we're pretty big Survivor fans, that makes this very exciting for us. We plan to enjoy every minute, race at each other's side, and even wearing matching "Team Lindsay" shirts (so we can find each other in the crowd - each wave holds 500 runners, so it's going to be wild)! If you have any ideas for shirt designs, let me know. We're thinking lime green...
So that's our training goal over the next couple of months. Wish us luck!


2 comments:
Proud of you guys! That's awesome goals.
The Warrior Dash sounds like so much fun and I've always wanted to do it. We are out this year for obvious reasons though. Al is running the RTH though if you need a partner and I'm walking with Will so I'll try to find Jay in the crowd. Will is running the 1 mile race too (hopefully he'll actually run this time) so we'll all be there.
Post a Comment