Tuesday, July 17, 2012

PUDDLE JUMPERS

They came in the mail yesterday and the kids put them on immediately. When I told them I'd take them to the "big, far away pool" so they could test them out, they literally jumped up and down they were so excited. Luckily, the Puddle Jumpers didn't disappoint. The kids were able to move freely and they both stayed afloat the entire afternoon. Though Cora learned quickly that if she jumped up and threw herself down into the water, she could still make herself go under. She loves to dunk her head. And float on her back with her eyes closed. And jump off the edge even if Mama's not quite ready yet... The Puddle Jumper made James brave enough to "jump" off the side of the pool too (sitting down), a first for him since his swim lessons back in April. And he was completely comfortable just floating around in the big pool, kicking every now and then to keep himself near me while I continually chased Cora around (for a child who doesn't understand how to kick her legs and paddle her arms, she sure moves fast somehow). He didn't want me to hang onto him though - he's too big for that now that he has floaties, apparently. Anyway, it was a good energy-burning 2 hours at the Y this afternoon. Lots of fun for them and me. Lots of snuggles (James tackled me twice saying "I just wanna love on you!" How can I resist THAT?!), piggy-back rides, and pretending to be alligators and sharks. These two sure have been awesome for me so far this week (3 days down, 2 to go - we miss you Daddy!) and I REALLY appreciate it. It sure feels good to go to sleep tonight after the constant reminders they've given me this week of how very blessed I am to be their mama.



(So Gramma can see that her bubble swimsuit fits - isn't it cute?!)

No comments: