It was my Friday to get the kids from school, and it was pouring. Just like yesterday. So I put out a call to my mama friends to see if anyone wanted to meet us at PlayLand for a bouncing and energy-zapping afternoon. Not long after we arrived, Manu (and his bro and mama) showed up, followed shortly by Will (with his mama). Before we knew it, we had a Fearsome Foursome doing laps around the obstacle course. I'm pretty sure Will went through it 50+ times, and I'm not exaggerating.
At the top of the slide, James and Manu would wait for Cora to catch up, and for Will to come around again (since he kept beating the older boys to the top, then flying down). They wanted to all hold hands in a line, but it never happened. Will always took off too fast (James even yelled at him a couple times... "Will! Hey Will! Don't go! Wait for us!") and Cora either waited to long or slipped over before they were ready. Oh well, I managed to capture one instance where the boys (all dressed in green - cracks me up that they always match) made it down in a chain.
Poor Sissy was getting so tired (they literally ran their hearts out for 2 hours straight!) and leaned out of my arms to go snuggle with Sophie. And she did, getting cozy in cradle pose. Of course, not 30 seconds passed before Leo (who had been playing happily on the toddler mat) came speed crawling over, pulled up on his mama's legs, and demanded up. Jealous much? Cora called him "my baby" and snuggled him too, but I think he was more interested in scaring her off HIS mama - too funny!
Thanks for coming out ladies. I had a great afternoon, and it was nice to bring home 2 happy, hungry, exhausted kids, for sure!



No comments:
Post a Comment