Thursday, April 17, 2014

EGG HUNTS #2 AND #3

The kids had a field trip this morning to visit the Heritage House nursing home (where they had a little egg hunt with the elderly patients there) and Riverfront Park (where they had another egg hunt orchestrated by their teachers). We decided to keep the kids in comfy clothes so they could play at the park, but still dressed them up a little with one of our favorite dress shirts for James and a cute little bunny shirt that Grambot sent for Cora. Since I always document occasions when the kids are dressed nicely for school, we headed out back to the azaleas and took a dozen shots, each with Cora trying to look as coy and cute as possible, while James impatiently yelled CHEESE to move the process along. Here's the best one:
 Since Jay and I had to swap out kid-watching duties today, he went to work early while I planned to take them to school. Well, as it was almost 8:00 by the time we pulled out of the driveway, I decided to take them to work with me for an hour instead (and also to save Jay the time of driving all the way over to the school by 9:00 to pick them up, then back to Heritage House, which is almost directly out our back gate at work). They promised to sit quietly and play on their LeapPads, so why not give it a shot. Unfortunately, I didn't remember until I pulled into my office parking lot and didn't see my boss' truck that we had a lab meeting over at another building... Not the best idea to take a 3- and 5-year-old to a business meeting, but thankfully they really did sit quietly and play, which earned them a donut from Mr. Mike. After the meeting I headed over to my office while Jay took the kids on their field trip. Here they are collecting eggs there:
 Next up was a large egg hunt for all the younger Agape kids over at Riverfront Park.
 The egg hunt was followed by a pizza party and more sweets than any of the kids needed, especially considering their buckets full of treats, but they sure had fun. Then they ran off some of the sugar on the playground. Cora and James taught Sylas how to do a "train" down the slide. Sylas is one of the newer kids at school and Cora has taken a liking to him...
 (Her pigtails were a little wavy due to her sleeping with an "Elsa braid" last night)
 Hanging with their best buddy Manu!
 Manu said "Lets make silly crazy faces guys!"
 And one last shot... this one was taken with my phone so I could send it to the grandparents. They were yelling "Easter!" - my final attempt to get the CHEESE off James' face!

(I titled this post Egg Hunts #2 and #3 because they actually have 2 more planned for this holiday season. Lucky kids, eh?)

Following the field trip and lunch and more park play, we headed home to take Buster potty and rest for an hour, then James had his 5-year wellness exam. No news to report - he is a healthy BIG kid at 45 lbs and 45" (he's grown another inch since we last checked) and didn't need a single vaccination (he's good until JUNIOR HIGH, how crazy is that?!) I stopped to get them some ChickFilA nuggets on the way home because they complained about being hungry (hmmm, I suppose a bucket of treats and only 3 bites of pizza will do that to ya...) and Cora fell asleep with the last one in her hand two streets from the house...

No comments: