Monday, April 21, 2014

MARATHON MONDAY!

Last year on Marathon Monday, I signed up to run my first full marathon. This year (as I worked from home, because the kids were out of school), I tracked the 4 people I know who were running Boston and excitedly watched the live feed of the elite runners. It was an incredible race to watch and I can't even imagine the emotions that the runners there experienced. I was on the edge of my seat watching Shalane lead the pack for so long and screamed for Meb loud enough near the end that the kids game in to watch his dramatic finish with me. I think the most exciting part was watching Beth's tracker hit her marks though. Running with her occasionally at the park (and always with much extra effort on my part!) and hearing her stories is always fun, and she's definitely a woman to look up to. I'm so glad she got the chance to go back and get her run, supporting Boston and the entire running community, and I can't wait to bump into her in the park some morning so I can hear all the details!

No comments: