Friday, April 25, 2014

OUR LITTLE STARLET





Jay braved dance portrait day as a solo dad (since I was still driving back from the coast), which was no easy feat considering dads and brothers over 3-years-old aren't allowed in dressing rooms... 

So he gave her a shower, washed and conditioned her hair, and got her into her tights and cover-up, then sent her into the fray with two of the older dancers who offered to get her into costume and do her hair and makeup. Yes, makeup... I knew we couldn't get away without it for the recital next week, but I didn't think they'd make the 3-year-olds wear it for portraits. I was wrong. Jay told me that when he asked them to skip her makeup, they almost laughed out loud. Luckily the young girls who did Cora's makeup were happy to keep it minimal for daddy (and mama!) and we think she looked gorgeous for her portraits (I wonder if they'll be willing to help me on recital day, since I have NO IDEA how to apply eyeliner...)

Jay got to help out once the girls were in front of the camera though - he happily kept them in line, got them to smile for the photographer, and apparently even showed them how to pose ;-)

And yes, Cora absolutely LOVED getting to dress up and wear makeup! I have no idea where she gets all this girly stuff from, because it sure ain't from me! But I do kinda love it...

No comments: