Friday, April 4, 2014

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW

Sending a little rainbow love to Robyn and Stephen today.
 
I've had this video saved in my phone for about a year. Back before Jay and I started singing a (loud and exuberant!) bedtime song duet from the hallway (about 7 months ago), we sang (quietly and) individually to the kids, letting them choose whichever song(s) they wanted to hear most. For months Cora and I would sing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' together (which is actually James' favorite song for me to sing him, and which has always calmed him since he was an infant) and I'm so glad I captured a little clip in the dark one night - her little 2.5-year-old voice just melts my heart.
She eventually learned all the words to each verse and could sing it to me by herself with very little prompting, but I never took any video (I don't usually have my phone in my pocket during bedtime snuggles, and the glow of the phone in the dark distracts her anyway). Maybe I'll ask her to sing it with me tonight...

No comments: