I forgot all about coloring eggs until I went to the grocery store after work Friday (with everyone and their mother...) and the Easter aisles were wiped nearly clean, without a egg-dying kit in sight! So I figured we'd just skip it this year, since neither kid had asked about it anyway. No big loss, right? Then I learned on my run this morning that I didn't need a kit - you can use FOOD COLORING and vinegar. Duh. Not sure why that never occurred to me in years past... I was still planning to just skip it since I didn't have white vinegar and hadn't bought white eggs (since I couldn't find the kit), but after Egg Hunt #4 James asked if we could dye eggs. Since we had no plans for the rest of the day other than cleaning (no soccer game over Easter weekend, but we needed to clean house/yard in prep for our Easter gathering tomorrow), we went to the grocery store and picked up what we needed. The activity lasted all of 10 minutes, but the kids were happy, so it was worth it!
![]() |
| (Her lips were blue/green from a popsicle, not the egg dye!) |




No comments:
Post a Comment