We attended our first ever Trunk-Or-Treat celebration tonight, thanks to an invitation from Michelle and Jerry. What is Trunk-Or-Treat? Well, it looks something like this:
Then we braved the beet-red hot dogs. Yuck! (Good thing I made cupcakes tonight - they made for a wonderful follow-up dinner at 10pm...)

James was too little for the obstacle course, and he was more interested in running around than bouncing in the bounce house. He enjoyed the puppet show though. And we did get his photo taken with Captain Hook and Peter...

And they gave him a sucker... James does NOT eat candy. Ever. This is the second sucker he's had (the nurse gave him one in the ER a couple months ago), and he thoroughly enjoyed the treat! (And Jay thoroughly enjoyed cleaning the resulting sticky red mess off himself and James...)





Cora enjoyed her new baby carrier (BECO Gemini), a gift from my mom for my birthday, while we walked around. She had her gorgeous smocked dress on today (though you can't see it well under the carrier), with a pretty little felt flower bow. We swear this girl is teething already. Check out the finger:
Then we braved the beet-red hot dogs. Yuck! (Good thing I made cupcakes tonight - they made for a wonderful follow-up dinner at 10pm...)
In other news, today was also school portrait day. When we get them in, we'll post Cora's. We were told she did really well during her photo shoot! James, on the other hand, refused to be photographed, so we won't be getting a school portrait for him this year. Poor kid lost another 2.5 hours of sleep last night due to teething pain, and missed his dose of ibuprofen this morning, so he was apparently all fuss and fits, and no smiles. Oh well, we can always try and recreate the portrait later ourselves. In the meantime, picture him in those cute overalls and new shoes, with a crisp, clean, white, long-sleeved thermal shirt underneath. He looked so nice...
And finally, before we sign off for the night (now that the cupcakes and laundry are done), we'd like to wish Dave and Taryn a very Happy 3rd Anniversary! We celebrated in their honor tonight by having a glass of their wedding wine. We couldn't have it last year because I was pregnant with Cora. And we couldn't have it on their first anniversary because I was pregnant with James. Hmmm... But since Cora is sleeping throught the night now, I figured I was safe to have a glass (well, half a glass, anyway). I was wrong though. Half a glass is WAY too much for someone who hasn't had a drink in 3 years! But anyway, here's to D&T! Goodnight!

2 comments:
Ha! Sorry about the hotdogs!! Glad you guys made it out. Maybe in a couple of years James will be big enough to fight his way through the obstacle course.
Looked like fun! I'm with you on the wine. I can barely finish a glass and I swear I can feel it! Yep, I'm a cheap date. haha.
Post a Comment