James' fever broke around midnight last night, and he has been fever-free all day. He had another x-ray, but otherwise spent the day playing (we painted his legs and toes with watercolors, which was especially fun) and eating (bread, banana, and a whole slice of pizza) and simply getting his vitals checked. And waiting for test results, of course.
Oh, and as for the title of this post... As continued from yesterday, James did a lot of repetitive demanding. "Moh buh-bulls. Moh buh-bulls. Moh buh-bulls." (I seriously need video of this, it is so ridiculous.) We tried getting him to ask please, but he was so insistent for bubbles, we ended up teaching him to bargain instead. For example... James: "Moh buh-bulls. Moh buh-bulls. Moh buh-bulls." Me: "Take a sip of your juice and mama will blow more bubbles." James: glug, glug, glug. Me: blowing bubbles with the giant wand until I nearly passed out due to lack of air. Even though Jay told me to quit being dramatic, and that I would never run out of hot air... I chose to let that little comment slide, considering the man has been confined to 4 tiny walls for 3 whole days with a sad, sick baby.
Another beyond adorable saying that James has been using more and more lately, is "Okie-dokie". I taught it to him a couple months ago, and it is SO cute when he says it. Jay is convinced he is really saying "Duckie Duckie". That is what it sounds like, I suppose. Some of the time. Other than "Bye bye!" and "All done!", "Duckie Duckie" has been his favorite phrase over the past 3 days. It makes us laugh, it makes us smile, and sometimes it makes us cry. Like last night, when he was seeming so very sick again, and Jay was holding him tight and rocking him. He'd been quiet for a while, and I was telling him (and Jay) goodnight. As I was gathering my things, we heard his little "Duckie Duckie" and we both about burst into tears. Oh, little man, how your Mama and Daddy love you so...
No comments:
Post a Comment