Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CAMELS ARE BORING

So, while birding at the military park with Jenny on Saturday, I saw a flier advertising the Camel Corps. There was suppose to be an exhibition today at 3pm, and I thought it would be a fun, different activity that James and I could do for a mommy-and-me date.
I was wrong. The "exhibition" was simply one guy dressed in historical garb spouting historical accounts while 2 lazy camels stood (and sat) by. James was far more interested in all the cones on the ground under the gathering tree...
After he made friends with a 5-year-old boy and copied everything that the boy said and did for 10 minutes, I whisked him off into the woods for a nature walk. And after 2 minutes, he told me "no, no, no" and ran back up the hill to the camels.We watched an older boy demonstrate how to sit on a camel. Then James was mad that he couldn't get up on the camel (the guy only let the one kid do it). So I let him "pet" the camel, which was great until a highly intelligent tourist with a dachsund came over and stuck her dog right in the camel's face. Yeah, you can imagine how quickly I jumped away with James. So then he explored the historical camel-lover's tent.And when we were both bored of that, we ditched the camels and went to get ice cream.Which was awesome and yummy. And I had to fight James for every 3rd bite. But at least he shared SOME of it with me!

No comments: