James' birthday happens to be the day after Dr. Seuss' birthday, so there is usually a variety of Seuss celebrations during that week in March. This year, Zulily.com (one of my favorite deal websites) had a big sale on Dr. Seuss items, so I thought it was fitting to order a few things for James. In addition to a 1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish lunch box and Lorax tote bag, I found a pack of posters that I thought would be perfect in the playroom. I had been wanting a letters and numbers poster for a while anyway...
It may be a while before he needs the Times Tables poster, but they look good up there, dontcha think? He's getting pretty good at the letters (A apple, B ball, etc.), and likes counting (even though he usually skips a couple of numbers, or repeats his favorites: 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10). We've been working on the alphabet song, but so far he just wants us to sing it to him and he never joins in. All in good time...
No comments:
Post a Comment