Good thing we moved our mattress to the floor, because Cora crawled off the bed last night. I had just gotten her to sleep, all curled up on her tummy (have I mentioned she sleeps on her tummy now?), and gone downstairs to grab the monitor and start doing my evening chores. As I'm walking across the kitchen to get the monitor, I hear a thud, then baby screams and Jay's running feet simultaneously (he was back in James' room getting him to sleep). We bound up the stairs, him right behind me (we haven't run upstairs that fast since James vomited that one time after we introduced solids), and find Cora on the floor, on her back, at the corner of the bed. I guess she wasn't asleep after all, and came looking for me as soon as I got out of bed, because I was literally away from her for less than a minute. Luckily, she wasn't hurt (no bumps or bruises - hooray for carpet and a short fall), and she stopped crying quickly after I picked her up and calmed her down. Jeesh. That unexpected drama caused me to sit at the end of the bed and watch her for 10 full minutes after she went back to sleep before I dared go back downstairs. I suppose it's time to start teaching her how to properly get down off the bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment