Back in August I got an email from Disney advertising a local Disney on Ice show and earlybird ticket availability for us because we'd recently been to Disney World. So, after a quick text exchange with Christina, we decided to grab the good seats and plan for a fun adventure! Since the kids did so well at the Disney Junior show earlier this year, I knew they'd be fine with Disney on Ice. What I didn't expect was that they would be so much more into it (their attention was locked, there was no whining except during intermission - and only because I refused to buy Cora the $12 cotton candy, and the looks on their faces each time a new character came out was touching - I'm a Disney sap and it made my heart soar to see them so happy just watching their favorite characters make appearances). I tried not to take too many photos (I knew they'd be mostly blurry, I didn't want to annoy people sitting behind us, and really, I figured most of you wouldn't care to see them!), but I did try to grab a few of the kids' reactions to specific scenes. Any really good, clear photos are from Christina's Nikon ;-)

Alice was having a tea party when we arrived (10 minutes late to our seats because our hour drive took an hour and 45 minutes due to a very bad accident on the highway - we were lucky we left the house so early, and also lucky we didn't leave quite as early as we'd originally planned and were thus not involved in the accident!)
The glow-in-the-dark brooms were great! It was at this point that I leaned over to Lauren (I was sitting between her and Will - my kids decided to take the far seats) and mentioned to her that Miss Denise used to skate like those brooms. She gave me a skeptical look and said nothing. So much for impressing the little ones with my spinning skills.
Jack Skellington had his own song, which morphed into a "graveyard doorbell" introducing various villains. To me, this was by far the best part of the show (I love Tim Burton, and who doesn't love to hate the Disney Villains?!)
Cora's reaction to the introduction of Maleficent!
The princesses and their princes did a Valentine's Day sequence.
Fairy Godmother turned Minnie Mouse into a princess and Mickey was her Valentine.
Wish I could remember what was so cool...
Intermission photo shoot. Don't mind Lauren - she was busy being three ;-)
The first sequence after intermission was Lilo and Stitch, and a Hawaiian dance party. I told James those bathing suit skaters were carrying Survivor Torches, but he didn't believe me. I must not have been paying attention during intermission (after the zamboni finished, anyway), because I was not expecting the ring of fire...
...and neither were the kids.
Classic: Cora was a bit scared and confused as to how it happened, Will was unsure about the whole thing, and James thought it was the coolest part of the whole show!
We are huge fans of The Princess and the Frog at our house (we like the Mardi Gras, James likes the voodoo, and Cora just likes all the singing and dancing), so when Tiana and Prince Naveen came out and Mardi Gras partied down the streets of New Orleans we were pretty impressed. They had the best song too.
The finale (after the Christmas sequence) included all the characters (some of which only came out for the end song). The Toy Story Rex and Hamm characters were the best (Rex's little arms swinging around cracked me up and whoever skated on all fours in that piggy bank costume should win an award - they even did a couple little skips and hops, and wagged their ears!), but the troll doll was downright creepy (and it was the last one to leave the ice - shaking it's weird little booty all the way off). We also got to see Lumiere, and Dopey, and Baloo and Mowgli. When the snow exploded at the very end Cora was CONVINCED that Elsa would be making an appearance, but alas, she did not (she has her own show, you know).
While disappointed not to see Elsa, she composed herself long enough to try and catch "snowflakes" with the boys.
I seriously loved the show and would absolutely take the kids again!
(Daddy got a pass this time because we weren't sure he'd enjoy it, and he wanted to brew and clean house in prep for Turducken next weekend, but I think he'd like it. He always watches the Olympic skating events and he was impressed with the videos I took for him, at least!)
No comments:
Post a Comment