Saturday, December 12, 2015

PACK 107 LUMINARIES

Glenwood Circle Park was Pack 107's base of operations this morning. I heard later that they filled 40,000 bags! Jay and the kids stayed for 2 hours (I stayed just for the first hour, then went home to clean house for our Turducken Party), filling bags with sand, adding candles, loading trailers, then walking the neighborhood behind the trailers to distribute the luminaries. This was right up Cora's alley (her OCD thrived on the exact placement of bags "just so" against the edge of the curb and at each seam and halfway in between...), so she opted to stay and help ("like a good Girl Scout!") rather than come home with me. And yes, they are wearing shorts and t-shirts because it was 80 degrees. In December. I find the "5 snows" prediction for this season very hard to believe at this point...
(I loved the color of this tree... and James was so cute setting out the luminaries)
(We didn't make it out to see the luminaries lit this evening due to our party, so these photos are borrowed from one of the Pack Leaders who lives in the neighborhood.)

No comments: