James' Scout Pack does the luminaries in and around the Glenwood Circle neighborhood every year before Christmas as a community service and fundraiser (they set out fliers two weeks prior to request donations from the neighbors, hence today's prep work). I met Jay and the kids over there after a nice long run and breakfast out with Christina (I hadn't seen her in WAY too long), and they had done the Home Depot Kid Craft AND practiced soccer (busy morning for daddy!), so Cora and I took care of one side of our assigned street while the boys did the other. Jay showed them how to place the fliers at the first house, and the sweet smile and thumbs-up James gave us after he completed his first solo drop was beyond precious. Hopefully he'll be as excited to help set out bags every 5 feet on December 19 and light all those candles!
No comments:
Post a Comment