Santa Baby is ready to dance at her In-House Review!
(Christmas recitals only happen every other year, so Ms. Bridgett scheduled a little review at the end of class today where the girls were allowed to dress up in whatever they wanted and show their parents and siblings what they've learned this semester - and it was ADORABLE.)
Ms. Bridgett started out by telling us these girls were the best of the 3 classes in their age group (she promised she wasn't just saying it - that our little ladies tried the hardest, completely learned their two dances over the past few weeks - they just started practicing after Thanksgiving!, and that they have some real talent in the group) and that they'd also been working on expression and stage performance. In our opinion, Cora did not need to work on her flair (you know it's true!) and she thoroughly loved being in the front row (she watched the mirror over my head the entire time - when she wasn't smiling at me and daddy and James, or checking with her teacher that she was still on point), as you can see for yourself (I broke it out into two videos since it was long):
We were so impressed with her moves, and her ability to keep smiling and performing through it all. (Yes, she did sing through most of Santa Claus is Coming to Town, but Ms. Bridgett didn't seem to mind.) After the tap number, they walked back to the bar wall in formation to change into their ballet shoes, then came back to their spots. The ballet was full of more concentration and serious expressions (as it always is for Cora - she smiles and giggles and "performs" during tap, but is very careful about getting her arms and legs perfect during ballet), but I caught a couple little smiles between her and Ms. Bridgett. She was proud of herself, and we learned after the show how proud Ms. Bridgett is of Cora (she pulled us aside after everyone else had left the room and told us that she thinks Cora has real talent and can absolutely be a serious dancer someday if she wants to - and she LOVED that Cora wanted to put on "show makeup" for her performance today).
Her bow at the end was so pretty - I didn't even know she could do that. Cora has learned a LOT this semester, and while I know I'm biased, I have to say that her "soft hands" and form really stood out in the crowd and we could see why Ms. Bridgett pulled us aside (though the second reason, letting us know that Cora likes to be the "little teacher" and correct other girls, was not as fun to hear - she upset someone last week, and we'll have to work with her on worrying only about herself and letting Ms. Bridgett do the instructing).
Hope you enjoyed her little show! We sure are proud of our growing ballerina!!





2 comments:
So cute! I l loved seeing all the videos and she's such a performer! Well, we all knew that anyway, but this is a great outlet for her to shine in. I'll post Lauren's videos soon. Let's just say it was clear this was a 3 year old class. :) And she was the only one who stripped partway through the performance.
Stripped? Must have been a costume complaint ;-) Cora said that her skirt was itching her (you can see her grab at it a couple times) and that the Santa hat made her head itchy too (but she agreed to wear it and leave it on since her hair was not in a bun or "fancy"). I can't wait to see Lauren's videos! Wish we could have sneaked in to see her in person (but it was definitely crowded in our class, so I assume it was for yours too).
Post a Comment